Our District covers more than 70,000 square kilometers in North-central British Columbia. This part of the Province has an abundance of beautiful lakes, rivers, forests and mountains. Agriculture, Forestry, Mining, and Tourism provide the economic base for the region.
Did you know that School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes). . .
- has an enrollment of approximately 5,500 students
- is the largest single employer in the region; employing nearly 700 people, including roughly 330 teachers and a support staff of 250; including bus drivers, custodians, clerical staff, teaching assistants and noon hour supervisors.
- has facilities that include 30 educational sites. These sites constitute the single largest collection of square footage in the region.
- is one of the largest owners of municipal land in the area.
- provides programs for learners from K to 12…serving learners as young as 5 and as old as 88.
- is on the leading edge of technology in providing support to students, teachers and parents.
- has a tradition of providing expert educational services to others . . . for example, the Tl’azt’en Nation has contracted our services in their own community.
- controls a $ 44 million budget.
- is striving to develop this region’s most precious resource; our learners.