School District No. 91’s Board of Education held their annual Trustee Elections and Committee selections at the December 11th, 2017 regular Board Meeting. The newly elected chair for the Board of Education is Mrs. Adele Gooding. Mrs. Gooding has been a trustee for Nechako Lakes School District for the last six years and she has served as the local representative to the BC School Trustees Association (BCSTA) for five of those years. Prior to becoming a trustee, Mrs. Gooding served as the District representative for Parent Advisory Councils.
Mr. Steve Davis, the former chair will now serve as vice-chair and was elected as the Board’s representative to the BC Public School Employers Association.
Other Trustee appointments from Dec. 11th include:
- Trustees Lucy Duncan and Lynda Maertz will serve as Board representatives to the First Nations Education Council (FNEC.)
- Trustee Lynda Maertz will continue to be the Northern Interior Branch BCSTA representative.
- Trustee Tom Bulmer will continue to serve on the District Scholarship Committee and act as the FNEC alternate.
- Trustee Nadine Frenkel will continue to be the BCSTA Provincial Council representative.
- Trustee Tim Maertz will serve as the alternate representative to both BCPSEA and FNEC.