TEACHING VACANCY: POSTING NO. 144 – November 24, 2017
School: Lakes District Secondary School – Burns Lake, BC
Start Date: December 1, 2017 to January 9, 2018 or until the incumbent returns, whichever occurs first.
Assignment: .50 LIMITED DURATION POSITION (NOTE: THIS IS MEDICAL ACCOMMODATION – FLEXIBLE FTE AND WORK SCHEDULE IS REQUIRED) – SPECIALIST POSITION
- ENDEAVOURS PROGRAM (LIFE SKILLS)/SPECIAL EDUCATION
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT TO BE DETERMINED BY THE PRINCIPAL
- possesses or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- completion of 3rd and 4th year level university course work necessary for teaching this assignment
- experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student
- completion or partial completion of a professional certification or university degree program in Special Education
- completion of the BC CASE Special Education course and POPARD 5 day course
- training in functional behaviour assessment and behavioural intervention strategies
- training or experience in the Response to Intervention model of supporting students who require assistance with their learning
- experience in developing and implementing IEPs
- experience in IEP / IBI case management and working with intensive behaviour students
Professional dispositions are defined here as the values, commitments and professional ethics that influence an educator’s approach to their work. The SD 91 Board of Education expects our educators to demonstrate the following dispositions;
- a belief that every child can learn
- commitment to the BC Education Plan
- commitment to ongoing professional learning for the purpose of strengthening student learning
- commitment to making evidence-based, collaborative decisions about student learning in a professional learning community environment
- commitment to integrating First Nations culture and experience into learning activities
Our Board of Education believes that teacher interest in providing extracurricular activities contributes significantly to our students’ positive school experience.
Teachers currently employed with the district or on the district’s recall list who are interested in this vacancy should email Donna Benson at email@example.com and include the posting number.
Other applicants should contact Director of Instruction, Mike Skinner (desk 250-692-4821 or cell 250-692-0915) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org