TEACHING VACANCY: POSTING NO. 145 – November 30, 2017
School: Nechako Valley Secondary School – Vanderhoof, BC
Start Date: December 7, 2017 to December 22, 2017 or until the incumbent returns, whichever occurs first.
Assignment: 1.0 LIMITED DURATION SPECIALIST POSITION
- SECONDARY FRENCH, SPANISH AND DANCE TEACHER
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT TO BE DETERMINED BY THE PRINCIPAL
- possesses or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- completion of 3rd and 4th year level university course work necessary for teaching the senior level curricula that are part of this assignment
- must have specific training and experience teaching a Spanish and French language program is a necessity
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive classroom learning environment that engages students in active learning experiences
- experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student
- experience in integrating appropriate technologies into instructional practices in order to improve learning outcomes for students
Note: With your application, please submit university transcripts and any other supporting documentation that supports your qualifications for this position.
Professional dispositions are defined here as the values, commitments and professional ethics that influence an educator’s approach to their work. The SD 91 Board of Education expects our educators to demonstrate the following dispositions;
- a belief that every child can learn
- commitment to the BC Education Plan
- commitment to ongoing professional learning for the purpose of strengthening student learning
- commitment to making evidence-based, collaborative decisions about student learning in a professional learning community environment
- commitment to integrating First Nations culture and experience into learning activities
Our Board of Education believes that teacher interest in providing extracurricular activities contributes significantly to our students’ positive school experience.
Teachers currently employed with the district or on the district’s recall list who are interested in this vacancy should email Donna Benson at email@example.com and include the posting number.
Other applicants should contact Director of Instruction, Mike Skinner (desk 250-692-4821 or cell 250-692-0915) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org