TEACHING VACANCY: POSTING NO. 146 – December 14, 2017
School: William Konkin Elementary School – Burns Lake, BC
Start Date: December 21, 2017 to June 30, 2018
Assignment: .20 LIMITED DURATION – FINE ARTS
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT TO BE DETERMINED BY THE PRINCIPAL
- possesses or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- training and recent successful experience teaching both literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills in a variety of curriculum areas at the primary/intermediate grade levels
- training in the performing arts, specifically in dramatic arts/theatre involving children
- training and/or experience in music and/or dance
- training and/or experience in integrating student learning in drama with learning outcomes in elementary language arts for the purpose of improving skills in written and oral expression
- training and/or experience in integrating dramatic arts/theatre and related programs with the experiences of First Nations elementary school students
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive classroom learning environment that engages students in active learning experiences
- experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student
- experience in integrating appropriate technologies into instructional practices in order to improve learning outcomes for students
Professional dispositions are defined here as the values, commitments and professional ethics that influence an educator’s approach to their work. The SD 91 Board of Education expects our educators to demonstrate the following dispositions;
- a belief that every child can learn
- commitment to the BC Education Plan
- commitment to ongoing professional learning for the purpose of strengthening student learning
- commitment to making evidence-based, collaborative decisions about student learning in a professional learning community environment
- commitment to integrating First Nations culture and experience into learning activities
Our Board of Education believes that teacher interest in providing extracurricular activities contributes significantly to our students’ positive school experience.
Teachers currently employed with the district or on the district’s recall list who are interested in this vacancy should email Donna Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the posting number.
Other applicants should contact Director of Instruction, Mike Skinner (desk 250-692-4821 or cell 250-692-0915) or by email at email@example.com . Only applicants who will be interviewed with be contacted.