Qualified applicants are being sought for the position of Payroll Manager in School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes). The Payroll Manager is an excluded position. Reporting to the Secretary-Treasurer, the Payroll Manager provides leadership and direction to payroll staff in the effective and efficient delivery of payroll services, including all aspects of payroll, benefits, reporting and system management. The anticipated start date for the position is May 1, 2017 (or mutually agreed upon date).
The Nechako Lakes School District is a widely dispersed district that includes the four major communities of Vanderhoof, Fort St. James, Fraser Lake, and Burns Lake as well as several outlying areas. The district consists of 12 elementary schools, 3 elementary-secondary schools, 3 secondary schools, 8 adult/alternative schools and a province-wide distance learning school. The board office is located in Vanderhoof.
The district provides education for approximately 5,000 learners with a staff of 700 and an operating budget of approximately $54 million. We are committed to sustaining work environments where employees value their work and know their work is valued.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) from the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Several years’ experience in managing computerized payroll and benefit systems within a public sector unionized environment.
- Several years’ experience in supervision of payroll and integration of payroll and HR functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated initiative and project leadership implementing new procedures
- Strong organizational, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively assess and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills with the ability to make decisions.
- Good organizational skills and high degree of self-motivation.
- Effective and positive management style for people and issues.
- Effective communication and analytical abilities.
- A valid BC Driver’s license.
Applications including references should be addressed to:
School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes)
Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday, April 7, 2017.
Successful applicants not currently employed by School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes) are required to sign a “Consent for Criminal Record Search” to permit a criminal record review. School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes) is an equal opportunity employer.